Be You provides a coordinated and evidence-informed response to support schools address student, staff, and community needs following a suicide.
Be You specialises in postvention planning, response, and recovery. Be You ACT team can support your school community by:
- Providing support in coordinating responses that can help schools address student and staff needs following a suicide.
- Collaboratively work-alongside your school's leaders and wellbeing teams to manage recovery.
- Work in partnership with other services connected to your community.
- Support in developing a tailored Postvention Plan.
- Support school communities respond to emerging suicide risk.
In the event of a critical incident or death by suicide it is important for schools to undertake immediate risk management processes, follow emergency protocols and contact your relevant department or school authority.
If your school is currently responding to, or recovering from, a suicide or attempted suicide, contact your Be You team on 0447 927 930 for support.
If you need to speak to someone urgently, please call:
- Beyond Blue 1300 22 46 36
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
Be You is the national mental health and wellbeing initiative for learning communities; delivered by Beyond Blue, in collaboration with Early Childhood Australia and headspace. Our free, evidence-informed tools and resources can be embedded in your everyday practice to support the mental health and wellbeing of your whole learning community.