Healthy Lunchbox Week is an annual campaign that occurs the week before the first state returns to school. Aimed at inspiring Australian families to create healthy lunchboxes, the Healthy Lunchbox Week website is designed to serve as a hub for lunchbox tips, recipes and inspiration.
Balance the box
- Kids eat around a THIRD of their daily food intake at school.
- Providing a balanced lunchbox with food from each of the five food groups goes a long way in shaping their health and helps kids concentrate and learn better at school.
Get your kids involved
- Involving your kids with lunch box preparation helps build their interest in good food.
- Encourage the kids to help choose and build their lunchbox.
- Involve them in the kitchen, at the shops and even in the garden.
Reduce your waste
- Did you know that more than half of items in school bins come from food packaging brought from home?
- Choose foods that create less waste and minimise use of single use plastics.
- Eliminate the need for portion packing and wrapping by using rubbish free lunch boxes.
Read more, get recepies and more involved here.