This FREE 2-hour TQI accredited session will strengthen teacher knowledge and confidence to deliver consistent, evidence-based high school nutrition education that will enhance student food literacy, dietary resilience, and long-term health and wellbeing.
During the session, teachers will:
- learn about current nutrition concerns and challenges facing adolescents
- understand the importance of nutrition education in relation to population health and wellbeing
- receive updates on the latest nutrition research including dispelling common diet fads and food myths
- explore useful, evidence-based nutrition education tools, and
- implement practical food and nutrition activities that can be transferred in the classroom.