The course is designed to enable young people to motivate them to quit smoking and develop an understanding of the role smoking plays in their lives as well as developing strategies to replace smoking and manage cravings.
The course also aims to:
- educate young people about the dangers of smoking
- provide an opportunity to discuss and dispel common myths and misconceptions around smokinge
- encourage young people to quit/cut down their smoking
- motivate young people to quite before their nicotine dependency becomes more entrenched
- explore young peoples reasons for starting smoking and the stages they went through to become a smoker
Cancer Council ACT