This one day seminar has been developed in response to feedback from the Boutique Conference held in September 2016.
Features of the Seminar
- Opening keynote presentation from Associate Professor Shane Pill on ‘What is Quality Health and Physical Education?’. This keynote will be informed by conversation and initial research findings from the ACHPER ACT Breakfast Symposium where ACT teachers of physical education (PE) discussed what quality PE means in the ACT.
- Presentation by Susan Barton Johnson on Unpacking Achievement Standards and Levels of Performance, with a specific focus on the Australian Curriculum for Health and Physical Education.
- A ‘bring and share’ session where teachers and faculties will review and discuss school developed documentation and materials for implementing the AC:HPE.
- Delegates can opt to attend either a primary or secondary focused practical workshop using Game Sense pedagogy that will be led by Rick Baldock and Shane Pill respectively.
ACHPER is a Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) accredited provider and explicitly maps to the Australian Professional Teaching Standards.
Places are restricted to 30 primary and 30 secondary teachers so register early to avoid disappointment!
- Associate Professor Shane Pill, ACHPER President
- Susan Barton Johnson, Senior Manager (Curriculum) at the Education Directorate (ACT Government)
- Rick Baldock, Editor of the ACHPER Active + Healthy Journal
When: Friday October 27, 2017 (Week 3, Term 4)
Time: 8:45am – 3:45pm (registration from 8:00am)
Where: Canberra Girls Grammar School
Cost: ACHPER Members - $120.00 | Non-Members - $160.00
ACHPER Student Members - $25.00 | Student Non-Members - $50.00
(all options include morning tea and lunch)